CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 26

Chiari update!

Friday is my big appointment with the surgeon. From here I am expecting that there will be a plan and date for surgery finally. It is difficult to think of much else. I have had a few weeks of feeling OK and I think I attribute it to a medicine they tried. However, the medicine took a few weeks to get to the full dose and by time I got there I had trouble with my heart rate going as high as 120. I was short of breath just walking a few steps, my muscles felt so extremely fatigued that I could barely hold my arm up to write my name on the white board in patient rooms at work. They did an EKG and said everything was fine but that I needed to come off the medicine. The medicine helped some with the pain and headaches and gave me a ton of energy. Now that I am fully off of it as I Sunday, I have crashed. I barely stayed awake for work today and I am ready to go to bed at 8pm. I am looking forward to being done with all this.

Lord, may you guide each and every step that I will find ultimate healing but most importantly Lord that I will draw closer to you. You have changed me through these circumstances and I would not trade the experience for anything, for that reason alone! Thank you for your peace that passes all understanding and fills my heart.

0 comments: