CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 19

Update long overdue

It has been way too long! I am 3 months post surgery and will be meeting with my surgeon next week. I am feeling much better. It has been a long 3 months. I have had up and down days and still do but they are getting further and further apart.


I can finally sleep without pain most of the time. I am doing physical therapy 3 days a week and on my own 3 days. My physical therapist is fantastic and she is good at pushing my limits. She told me the other day she was really proud of me...which was weird to hear. We are hoping that next Monday when I meet with my surgeon that I will have my 10lb lifting limit lifted. Then she is really going to kick my butt. Each evaluation I have shows that the balance, and right sided weakness is improving quite significantly. This is one thing many doctors refused to attribute to my chiari.

I have not had a headache since the surgery apart from the ones from my brain infection. Every time I have a little twinge of one, I must admit I get nervous. I know that repeat surgeries are not uncommon but my doctor has a significantly lower rate than other surgeons. I am praying that this is it.

I am still not working. If I worked a desk job I could probably return but since I have to lift patients I am not allowed to return yet. I am hoping that if my lifting limit is cleared next week that I can spend May rebuilding my strength so that I can return to work at the beginning of June without risk of injury.

I am keeping myself busy with studying for my last nursing exam, for a medical coding certificate that I am completing as well as doing my physical therapy.

Thanks for all the support! I have received so many cards and gifts and for that I am so thankful.

0 comments: