CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 24

After some encouragement I am back!

I must say I have not posted on here for awhile.  I initially opened up this blog in order to share about my move from Oregon to NJ so that they could track my movement and know I was safe.  Sadly that information all one day disappeared.  But I continued to share about life in NJ and how things were going.  But for the last year or so I was not sure what the purpose of it was for.  It is titled "SaraJane's Adventures" and I have not felt there was much in the way of exciting adventures going on apart from moving to Texas.  It has been a bit of a blah year and pretty tough for me.

Recently a dear friend suggested I start writing again to share some of my more unique adventures so that maybe I can help others with there journey through chronic illness.  It was one thing to share about being sick and needing brain surgery in 2011.  It was something that I could share and there was an end point.  I truly believed that once I had the surgery and was fully finished with rehab that that would be the end of it. However, in the past year I have been progressively getting worse health wise and not knowing why.  I feared sharing the reality of what I am dealing with because I don't truly know the outcome and there is no cure.  Most people if they saw me would not realize that I am "sick."  I don't want people to feel bad for me, or for people to change how they see me.  In some small way the idea of a chronic illness made me fear people's reactions or that they may begin to back off.

After much encouragement and praying, I have decided to share my new journey in as open and raw a way that I can.  My hope is that others will be able to understand me more but also that in some way I may be able to help some others.  So it may not be the same adventurous post you are used to but I pray in some way it blesses you!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I'm glad you're back and I'm grateful you are sharing your journey!

SaraJane Campbell said...

Thanks friend! Hope it will be encouraging and beneficial rather than a place to gripe! For all the bad there are so many more good things! Like friends like you!