CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 30

A new dog?!?!

Yesterday at 5:30 am I was out walking Faith before going to work. While out we found a beautiful female German Shepherd who was scared and alone. She had no tags so I decided to let the two dogs run around and play for 20 min before I took off, in hopes that the owner might come looking. When they didn't I brought it home and settled her in. She is about a year old and I decided to lock both dogs in the kitchen while we were at work.

At 4pm when I came home from work I learned real fast that this dog has no manners and was not potty trained. Whoops. Thank God for linoleum. After cleaning up quite the mess I took them for walks (mind you the dog doesn't even know how to be on a leash). With in minutes the owner came up to me frantic. Lets say that as much as I want to get a second dog, I was more than willing to give this dog back. I am not a firm believer in the saying that "you can't teach an old dog new tricks!" However, this one would have been a handful. I look forward to having a puppy and companion for Faith but I am reassured that the older dog is not the best idea for me.

0 comments: