CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 8

A blog of many things

Well, life is keeping me busy. I have had a very light work load since school ended because I did not make it on the current schedule and the census is low as usual for the summer so being on call has not proved very fruitful. However, I will have a minimum of 3 days a week on the upcoming schedule and hoping even more on the mid-August schedule.

Despite this I am keeping busy! I am studying to take the exams to finish my RN program which I should know about in 3 weeks. The only reason I wouldn't be accepted is if they decided I had finished less than 50% of nursing school which should not even be a question.

We have a new little one in the family...baby Jolie is 2 weeks old. I have been helping my sister n law out and enjoying lots of holding time with the precious new baby.



I am also getting a lot of running in which has been great. I ran 13.5 miles today with my dog so I am well ahead of where I need to be for the NYC 1/2 marathon in August which is 13.1 miles. I am also training for a marathon this fall. I applied for the lottery in the NYC Marathon (26.2 miles) but did not get in so I am looking at a few others, mainly Philadelphia in November. My main training partner is my dog, but I have found a friend at church who is at the same distance I am and we are a perfect match for running. A few weekends ago we ran 12 miles on a trail in Ridgewood, NJ. It was absolutely gorgeous and we were well protected from the heat with lots of shade.

Besides studying and relaxing I am looking forward to getting back to a regular work schedule. I like schedules. When I am in a schedule and routine I sometimes think that it would be nice to not have that, but in down times I realize how nice it is to have a regular routine and schedule.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try not to put the kids names on the blog
thanks
their mother