CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 30

Fellow chiari Commrad

This week I had the opportunity to meet up with a nurse from my hospital who had Chiari Surgery in 2006 by the same surgeon as I am going to be having surgery with (Her mom also had the surgery in 2004). It was a great opportunity to share stories and get a feeling for what to expect. It was great to have someone who has been through exactly what I have been through. She had chosen to put off her surgery out of fear and uncertainty and that was her greatest regret. Because of putting it off she said she got worse and said that some of her symptoms were irreversible. Her greatest piece of advice to me was to get the surgery done as soon as possible and that it was well worth the difficult recovery.

God is so good! Providing just what we need when we need it. I loved the confirmation this was for me and the encouragement I got from this time I had in this meeting.

0 comments: