CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 11

More drama

Today was a beautiful 80 degree day and I made plans to drive to the shore and meet my friend Carmen for a nice day on the beach. About 15 minutes away on Hwy 33 I was driving and pulled over immediately when a young boy who tried to cross the highway was hit by a car at 45 or 50mph. The boy was in critical condition. Myself and a medic cared for the boy while we waited for police and medics to arrive. When they arrived I helped them load the boy onto the board and breathed for him while they secured him to the board. The young man was not responsive and had a very faint pulse. He was bleeding from the head and probably dealing with many broken bones. By God's grace he was hit 2 blocks away from a major trauma hospital. Many areas you would have to be transported a ways just to get to a hospital that could care for such injuries. Tonight, I am saddened by what I saw but praying that God has taken care of him and given strength to his family. I also pray for the driver who must be traumatized by the entire situation.

Please pray for this young man and his family. I may never know the outcome till I reach heaven but none the less I know that God hears our prayers!

0 comments: