CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 25

Africa



So I have been thinking lately that this may be a good year to meet one of my lifelong goals. For a long time I have longed to go to Africa to work with the people and especially the children. With the AIDS epidemic, inter tribal warfare, and poverty, there is a great need for humanitarian assistance.

I have recently learned that I will take an RN review course at the end of August and that around the end of September and beginning of October is when I can expect to take my RN NCLEX exam for my license. This will leave me with a few weeks after school where I cannot work for a hospital. Many hospitals will hire you contingent of you passing your boards and once you receive your license you begin your 6 month training period with the hospital. I am thinking that I may consider using that few week break to go to Africa with a group of people to use my new found nursing skills and work with children.

I have no idea if this will work, or how it will work but it is something that I at least want to consider. It may be a few years once I begin working before I can begin doing trips like these. In the long run, one of the biggest reasons I got my nursing degree was that I wanted to have the flexibility and ability to do trips like these. Where I will go, who I will go with, and how it will work is all up in the air, I am just praying that if this is the right time that the right opportunity will come along. Please pray for me as I continue nursing school and as I look forward to opportunities like this in the future.

0 comments: