CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 25

BRRRR!!!

After many days of freezing temperatures including temperatures below zero last Thursday and Friday felt like summer. On Friday we had temperatures around 44. I was working on the mother baby unit at our hospital and spent much of the afternoon helping new parents carry their belongings to the car as they took their newborns home. I went out in my scrubs and it felt wonderful. This is after I have been wearing multiple layers and often 2 jackets in an attempt to stay moderately comfortable.

Many in NJ tell me that my first winter here is quite a winter with colder temperatures and plenty of snow. It seems as though just about every week we have been having snow. Sometimes it doesn't account to much while others have been enough to enjoy. Our last storm last weekend brought us 4-6 inches over a 2 or 3 day period. The weathermen said we narrowly missed a storm that would have brought us more than a foot of snow. Well, now this week we are looking at significant snow around Wed and Thursday.

I do love the snow, but if I could have warmth and snow at the same time that would be great. But science tells me that is impossible. One thing is for sure...NJ is ready for snow. What use to shut Portland down as a city, does not even seem to faze people here in NJ. It seems that nearly every truck drives around with snow plows on the front. The salt keeps the roads from freezing and plasters our cars.

One thing I miss about Portland is the weather. I loved every season and every season was unique. Summer and Fall were my favorite. I have now lived her for a Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. Summer and Winter are such extremes, I don't know how much I enjoy them. The summer with its extreme humidity...so much I did not like going outside. I think this was the first summer I didn't have dark skin. And the winter with its wind chill factor often putting temperatures in the teens and below zero temps. I do have to say that Fall here is incredible with its leaves changing colors and beautiful weather.

Ok enough about the weather. Blessings to all!

0 comments: