CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 28

A good day!


(Our snow covered Park!!!)

(See that small river/stream...we have quickly learned that we need to have someone stand between that and our sledding hill....a few close calls of sledders almost going for a swim!)



This morning I work up at 6am to snow and the report that school was closed for the day. Yeah!!!! I was too awake to go back to sleep being that my body is used to waking up at 5am. So I took my dog out to play in the snow, made cinnamon rolls, studied for a few hours and traipsed off with my dog to my family's house. I promised my nephew some sledding and that we did. Unfortunately the snow was very wet, and it had begun to rain so the sledding was short and we were VERY wet. After some good conversation with my sister n law my dog and I walked back home.


(Aren't I so cute!!! By the way...I am almost as tall as my aunt. Seriously! Either I am tall or she is short...or maybe it is a little of both!)



The rest of the day has been cleaning, organizing my school stuff and more studying. I am enjoying my school work this semester. It is focused now on diseases and specifically diseases of the cardiac system. I started off my semester with a bang, when on Monday I had to take my first exam. It was our once a semester math exam that covers dosing, and IV rates. This exam we have to pass with and 80% or we have to take it again and if we don't pass it the second time we are dropped from the program. Math is not my strong point and I never took this class. Somehow I manage to review the information last Summer over a 2 week period and barely squeezed by on the challenge exam. Well Monday I passed with a whopping 100%. Hopefully that is a sign of things to come.




(Sledding with Daddy! My favorite!)


Well, 3 more hours till Bible study at church so I better get back to the studying. Hope all is well with everyone and love the notes that you guys drop me. I am blessed to have so many people who care enough to follow this blog and encourage me through comments and emails. Please pray that this semester I will have a more balanced approach. I allowed it to consume me sooo much that I had no time for anything else and in the end I was so burnt out that I had nothing left for the last few weeks. I truly believe that taking a few minutes here and there for things I enjoy and for myself will make this semester less stressful and more productive.



(I think my big brother is tired of getting wet and wants to go home!)





0 comments: