CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 5

Test number 1

Well, test number 1 has arrived. On Monday, I will be taking the first test for this semester. Overall the semester is going well. Things are very busy and I look forward to the day when this will be a job and not school but in the mean time I am doing my best to soak up all of the learning I can and remember that the next 6 1/2 months will fly.

Monday's test is on diseases of the cardiovascular system. It is a lot of material and I am enjoying it but it is hard to know how it will go. I have spent a lot of time studying and can only hope it will pay off.

Last night I gave up a night of studying and spent the evening in the hospital with a dear friend who is very sick. It was a good evening and it was eye opening to why nurses do not make good patients or visitors. First his IV was on the floor which is a source of contamination. Then I had to nicely ask the nurse to do her job, when I asked her why he was on a liquid diet and when they would end it, and she could not tell me anything but well that was how it was when I got here. Not a good answer! The nurse should know and if not should find out. Needless to say she found out quickly and within 30min he had his first meal in 24 hours. It is much easier to be the nurse than it is to be the one watching the nurse, and to think there is soooo much more to learn.

Please pray for me to have focus this next few days and that the test on Monday would go well!

0 comments: