CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 15

Positive things on the horizon!

Thank you to all of you have sent me notes of encouragement! As difficult as it is not to be back at school and preparing for an August Graduation, I am enjoying some time of much needed rest. I spent today trying to find out what my options are.

The crazy thing is that many nursing schools do not recognize another schools nursing credits. So many of the schools were telling me either I would have to start completely over or that I would get credit for nursing 1 leaving me 3 other nursing classes to take. Ugg how annoying! However, I found a program that you have to have finished more than 50% of your clinical hours and nursing classes, which I have, and then you qualify to be in there program.

The way it works is that you have to take a series of as many as 8 exams to show your knowledge of the material, do a simulated clinical nursing exam as well as travel to a site for a 2 1/2 day clinical test where they check that you know your skills. I should be able to get some credit for my nursing classes so the 8 exams are likely going to be less.

The benefit to this program is that I have already done the clinical time so I don't have to make it up, just prove to them I know my stuff. The rest is self paced, just prepare for the exam and schedule a time to take it. I can work 3/4 time or full time while I finish. And in the worst case scenario (like taking all 8 exams) my total cost would be less than one semester at my current school or many others at a whopping $4115. That is only if I were to receive no credit for my current classes which they thought I should be able to do. The other benefit is that I have not missed an admissions deadline as I have at many or most schools for the fall because I can start as soon as they evaluate my credits.

My obvious first choice would have been to graduate in August but I can see now how this can work out which really helps. In all reality I get my life back, I have a new niece coming any day now which I can help out with and I can really study the material and be well prepared for the RN exam I will have to take for my license.

It will be a few weeks before I know anything but I will keep you posted. Thanks for the prayers.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarajane- I have been praying for you. Still shaking my head at the reason you are not there. It's amazing that you found that program! God is good! Good luck with it and I will continue to pray for you and keep tabs on you! :O) Kate