CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 14

Life is good!

Life has been good! I am learning a lot, getting connected and building a lot of solid friendships, back in school, and working. For the most part I have a complete and unexplainable peace about not finishing nursing school in my previous program. However, on days like today when they took their last final...there have been moments when I wish things could be different. I was so close...but I know God had His hand in it all. As the weeks have passed I can see so many things I would not have been able to be apart of because of nursing school. I have finally been able to really connect with people here and find my place here in NJ.

Today, I was speaking to one of the nursing recruiters at my hospital. She was saying that our hospital currently has a freeze on hiring new graduate nurses. This is not just happening at my hospital but many of the area hospitals. While, much of the country is facing a major shortage of nurses...NJ is not facing that currently due to so many hospitals closing down leaving experienced nurses to fill in the gaps. She told me that come January when there aren't many nursing students finishing school the picture will be much different. What a relief to hear that. The reality is that once I finish my nursing I have to give up my job as a tech. I am no longer legally able to work as a tech. So I can see just another way that things are working out for the better.

Tomorrow I am spending the day with my friend down at 6 flags Great Adventure and then Sunday I will be racing in the New York City 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles). This is a good chance for me to gauge where I am at for my marathon. I would love to do under 2 hours but my priority is to run with my friend and enjoy watching her celebrate her first ever 1/2 marathon. I find a lot of joy helping and seeing others run races like this and realize that they just accomplished a major goal.

Here is something that has spoken to my heart lately. It never ceases to amaze me that no matter how much I fail or how uncertain I can become...God's promises are faithful. Every morning no matter what happened yesterday...it is a new day and His promises are the same yesterday, today, and forever. Where else can we find such promises.

The LORD'S loving kindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassion's never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
"The LORD is my portion," says my soul,
"Therefore I have hope in Him."
Lamentations 3:22-26

The LORD is good to those who wait for Him,
To the person who seeks Him.
It is good that he waits silently
For the salvation of the LORD.

2 comments:

Mike and Mindy Roth said...

What a great passage! Just what I needed to read right now.

Yolanda Evangelist said...

true word!