CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 5

Marathon training 1

Next week I officially start my marathon training for the Philadelphia Marathon November 22. I have already ran as long as 15 miles at one time. Over the next few months I will do weekly runs that are more than that.

Marathons are one of the few races that you don't run that distance or more in your training. They find it to be more of a hindrance rather than a help. My longest run will be 23 miles. So Saturday I generally do my long run...nice and slow. My dog loves these runs! During the week I run 3 or so times and go to the gym to cross train.

Today I ran for an hour...but it was very humid and gross out. That can make a run difficult. I am proud of myself for adapting to be able to run in the summers here. I still try to get up early but the problem is when it cools off, the humidity rises.

A lot of people think that I am gung hoe for every run. I promise you I am not. I have to fight the same battles that everyone else does. The thoughts of "maybe I can just sleep in today", "I don't want to run", "Really if I just skip today will it matter". The thing that motivates me is one...my dog loves to run, two....I like the quiet peaceful time to think and pray, three...I like how it makes me feel.

0 comments: