CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 3

Philadelphia here I come!

I have officially signed up for the Philadelphia Marathon (26.2 miles) for November 22 of this year. I have been antsy to do another marathon since I ran the Portland Marathon a little while ago.

Training for a marathon is something that requires discipline, focus and desire. But to be honest if you have the desire...the other things will fall into place. I used to help with a program that trained people who never thought they could run a marathon to be able to do so. It was so much fun for me to see people reach their individual goals and do something that very few people ever accomplish by running a marathon.

My longest run currently is 15 miles and I still have lots of time till I have to run it. I am definitely ahead of schedule but with a marathon even the best laid plans may not work. It is so easy to get injured or have something interfere.

Keep posted here to see the ups and downs of training for a marathon.

1 comments:

AZChelsea said...

you are my hero!!! I loved running my half marathon but I just don't know if I have a desire to run a full marathon....I think I would get bored training for it. I look forward to following your training on here to because it will help motivate me for when I can start running again around Christmas time! Good luck with your training and I pray that you will be injury free!