CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 19

36 hours and no sleep!



I am a sucker. I am horrible at telling people no. Yesterday evening at work the charge nurse asked me to stay on for the night shift and be a one to one for a patient who gets confused and won't stay in bed. Like the sucker I am I said sure. I know how much I hate nights and how I can't sleep during the day and yet I still said yes.

So now I am going on 37 hours with no sleep and probobly should head to bed...however, there is important things to write. Well first off I am officially a NJ resident. I finally went and got my NJ license. That was easy but the sad part is that they took my Oregon license away. I tried to beg them to let me keep it as a momento but they wouldn't budge. The girl next to me took her picture 5 or 6 times while in between each shot she got herself all ready like a model.

I tried to register my car but they seem to think that I owe them tax on a car that I did not buy here. They told me I owed aprox. $600 to register it. I responded with a laugh and an are you kidding me type statement. I explained over and over that the website says that tax is not involved. She wouldn't budge and really couldn't tell me why I had to pay tax...however that every state would charge me tax. Seems a little funny when the money to purchase or sell did not even enter this state.

Needless to say I passed on teh registration. On the way home my sister n law looked on the website and found that under exemption 7 I don't have to pay the tax. Hallelujah. Now if I can only convince them of that when I go back.

This evening I spray painted a bunch of cabinents black for sean's office. They look pretty good I must say :-). I learned from the best....Mom.

Ok now I really must go because my eye's can't see clearly.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Please get your sleep, little Tennessee girl! So glad that your blog is back. All good news. Congrats on the nursing test score! Love, Sheila

Julie B said...

So when can we expect the big announcement?