CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 18

Sunday in Portland

My first full day in Portland. I got up early for Portlanders but for me it was sleeping in. Since I have been on the west coast I have been waking up at around 3:30-4;30am. Early by West coast standards but sleeping in by my standards of waking up at 5am (2am PST). I got up and went to my old church. It was so nice being back somewhere familiar and seeing old friends. As always the message from the Pastor was exactly what I needed to hear at that time.

After church I went with my friend and running partner, Julie, and her family to Panera Bread and hiking. Panera bread is this great bread place. If you like bread you will love Panera Bread. Following that we took her dog Lucy, 2 and 5 year old son and daughter as well as her husband hiking at Tryon creek State Park. This is a beautiful tree enclosed park with tons of trails, streams and places to explore right inside the city limits.

0 comments: