CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 26

7 hours turns into 30 hours

I arrived at the Portland Airport on Sunday at 4:30am PST. My flight left at 6:05am. I had to fly standby and they told me it didn't look good. In the mean time I prayed and prayed, and then wondered, is it OK that I pray that someone sleeps in or misses their flight. Well at 6am I got the go ahead to go on the flight...a few people had missed their flight. Then I flew to Phoenix. That flight was no problem getting on and my third and final leg was looking good with plenty of open seats.

That is when the weather hit. Tornado's in Colorado, flooding elsewhere, and thunderstorms across the middle of the country. When I arrived in Baltimore I found out that my flight was hopeless. With weather delays and cancellations my flight was now overbooked and I had to sleep overnight in the Baltimore airport.

The nice lady at Southwest airlines gave me a blanket and pillow which made the night bearable, but it was still not my favorite night of sleep. Some guy was moving chairs all over the place up on the upper level food court, people were vacuuming and in general the floor and the chairs were not very comfortable. After enduring that night I got onto the morning flight with no problems. Once I arrived in NY, I spent the rest of the time on buses and trains until I finally made it home. Home never looked so good. Needless to say Faith was just a little excited to see me. She couldn't contain herself. She just kept running in circles, laying on her back for a belly rub, and then jumping up trying to lick me.

0 comments: