CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 21

4 more weeks!!!!

I am 4 weeks out from finishing my first semester of nursing school! Hallalujah! Next week we have only 2 days and then the last week we have no school because the Final is so intense they give us the week to study. From Dec 1st through to Dec 22nd I will have 4 test in those 21 days. It is going to be the most intense part of the semester for me. Luckily we only have one more week of clinicals so that will be a lot of work that will be lifted...since we spend 2 days just doing paperwork for that till 12 or 1am.

This week my clinical experience was very good! I had a great learning experience with my patient. I did lots of dressing changes including very complex ones as well as worked with a feeding tube, gave medicines and lots of other great stuff. I felt like a real nurse. The nurses were ever grateful for my work with the gentleman because they have 5-7 patients and this guys care takes a huge chunk of your time. He is contracted, in pain, physically very poor and came to the hospital with very, very, very severe bed sores. the one on his back is 14 1/2 cm x 8cm and all the way to the bone if that gives you any idea. It really makes me sad how some facilities can be in the bussiness and allow there patients to get so bad. The person walked into the doctors office in Sept and by the end of October he is contracted, emaciated, and has severe bed sores. Granted I know that he is is sick but this is inconceivable to me. Makes you scared to send a loved one to some of these places.

For those of you have been praying for me, THANK YOU! And please continue as this next four weeks is really going to be difficult for me.

This semester I have been holding onto the verse from the Bible that says:
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!"

I know that God has opened this door and that He will help me through. That gets me through every week when I feel like giving up. The interesting thing is it is the clinicals I love but the school I battle. For me I learn soooo much in clinicals and I feel it is the greatest learning environment for me. Ever since I was a little girl I dreaded school. It has never been easy for me. I worked my tail off to barely get by. But interesting enough I keep going back. I even have thought of going to get my masters after this but we will see!

0 comments: