CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 28

What is this world coming too!

Ok, so I must admit that I am not a shopper. I do not like the crowds, and the hunt. I am just not your typical girl who likes to go shopping. Some people get depressed and go out and spend money. I get depressed and go out and run! So that being said I am a little biased. Today is called black friday and maybe it is appropriately named. It is the biggest shopping day of the year. People give up there thanksgivings to go stand in line for days just to get some great "deal". Now was it really worth it. My friend Robyn went shopping today and did get a good deal but she was not one of the crazy ones out in line for hours. I am amazed she even made it out of bed to make it shopping that early. She normally thinks 8am is too early.

I was reading an article about the shopping today and it made me even more annoyed by the black friday shopping. 3 people died in shopping related incidents. One was here on Long Island. It was a 32 year old man who when the crowd of more than 2000 were annoyed at waiting, pushed through the door, crumpled the door frame and stomped the guy to death. People even saw him and just climbed over him. When the store staff told people they had to close down for a few hours due to a death people got mad and kept shopping. Now this is ridiculus. Was it really worth the "deal"

Alright so my venting is over and as you can proboly figure I did not go shopping today!

0 comments: