CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 19

Finally a post at last :-)

Ok so I officially fall into the slacker catergory when it comes to blogging. I keep having stories that I think...I need to blog this...but then time is so short in my life that actually blogging it keeps getting put on the back burner.

Well, I told you I passed my last exam a few weeks back. Since then we had our exam review. The class average was a whopping 76%. Now by most college standards that is low...but for us that might just be our highest class average for the entire year apart from maybe the first exam. This semester is divided into 3 with each instructor teaching 5 weeks. This is different from last semester in the sense that the head instructor taught all of it. The first 5 weeks were a bit rough as we had a teacher who was new and not very experienced. She read from the book to us and didn't give handouts or visuals. Many of us felt we had to teach the material to ourselves and it was one of the tougher sections of material we covered...cardiac. The class average was a 63...not too good. The same instructor taught one more week of the next exam material and then we got our second instructor. This was my clinical instructor and I absolutely love her. She had our material to us weeks early, she actually dialogues and did an excellent job teaching...I thought. Well our class average went up to a 76. The material we struggled on as a whole in the class was the material from the first week that the other instructor taught. Well this next exam on the 30th is all taught by my favorite instructor and though it is tough material, I think as a whole our class will do well on it.

The interesting thing was that when when the head instructor came in for test review she did not seem happy. Not happy about what you might ask...well our higher test average from what we could tell. She didn't want to discuss anything, and even made some rude comments. Well, we will get her for the last 2 exams before the final. Many of us sense that this exam on April 30th is our last chance to get any cushion under us before she takes over. Kind of a sad thought to me as it seems that instructors should be looking for us to succeed and it seems different in nursing. Though my woes are not nearly as bad as my sister n laws class. They had been doing fairly well till the last exam when 72 of 80 students failed the exam. What is it about nursing school?

So now I am on spring break and I have spent the week studying and working in order to somehow get a good exam on my next exam on March 30th. The material is neurological, Strokes, Spinal injuries etc so it is interesting but it is tough material. It seems that no matter how much time I put in...it is not enough. But this week has been refreshing. I have been able to work a bit more, and I have had some good productive study days. I still feel behind but have another week to get ready so praying all goes well.

0 comments: