CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 5

Long awaited update!

So it has been a while since I blogged and a lot has happened. A trip to Atlantic City, snow storm, my dog passed her doggy day care test, and I took yet another test. Some where in there I went to school, worked and studied an insane amount. Not much time for a life or a breather.

A few weeks ago our class went to Atlantic City, NJ for a nursing conference. I enjoyed going out with the girls from my class and we had a let your hair down kind of 2 or 3 days.


My friends Laurie and Maria from Nursing school in Atlantic City!



Me posing in our hotel during the conference!


Last weekend we were slammed with yet another snow storm. It was projected to bring around a foot of snow but we only got 9 or 10 inches. The storm came in on Sunday night and lasted through the day on Monday successfully postponing our test till Wed. This didn't work out to be much more study time due to class and my work schedule but it was nice to have a few extra hours.

Wednesday I woke up and took Faith for her first day of doggy day care. Yes they have those. It is relatively inexpensive as much as it would to have a dog walker come and walk your dog for 30min but she gets to stay at the facility for 8-12 hours playing with lots of other dogs. I intend to use this just once a week or once every few weeks when life is really crazy and my roommate and I can't get home to let her out. Well, since we moved to NJ she has been more shy and we had to work through a bout of fear aggression. So needless to say I was not so sure how she would do. When I dropped her off they took her back to an area to introduce her to other dogs. Each dog that comes has to pass a test in order to stay. If they have any problems they get the boot. Well, when they couldn't get a collar off that was a little snug I went back to help. When I saw her she was cowering in a corner and freaked out. Talk about break your heart. I took her out of the area, and took the collar off. when I went to put her back she fought like crazy. They said to leave her for a few hours and they would see how she did.

After my exam I called to see how she was doing and they said that she spent the first part of the morning too scared to do anything. But that after morning break she came out and was much better. Though when I picked her up they said she never really came out of her shell though she was very well behaved. I guess it will take a little getting used to. As we left they gave us a certificate saying she passed and was welcome back anytime. Pheww! I was a little nervous. I have worked so hard to have a well behaved dog which she is much of the time. She just needs to get over this weird fear thing that started last March when we moved. Unfortunately she may always be a fearful dog now but at least with work she is able to adapt.

Wednesday I went in for the exam. I felt pretty good about it when I left but they are so hard to judge. No matter how much I study though or how I adapt my study style and test taking I just can't get out of the hole. Though I will say I did pass and I am not disappointed with my score it would just be nice to reap the rewards of my time. I am exhausted and spent. I have nothing left in me to give following a test but now it is onto the next one. The crazy thing is that we only have something like 8 more weeks left of this semester and I will be in the home stretch. The thing that keeps me motivated and moving forward despite the discouraging tests, is that one of my instructors is so encouraging and tells me over and over that I have what it takes to be a great nurse and that the tests are not a reflection of that. In there mind she says " a C is like an A in our program". So if I look at it that way then I am Acing every test right :-).

Blessings to everyone!
Love SaraJane

0 comments: