CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 22

One of those days!

I was reading a friends blog and came across a quote from my old pastor.

"Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace. And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God's grace."

Wow, what an amazing thought. No matter where we are His Grace is sufficient for us! Grace is God's unmerited favor that we receive because of His mercy for us.

Nursing school has been a test of who I am as a person and I must be honest there are many things I have seen in myself I did not like. But through it I have seen more and more of God and His incredible power, provision, mercy and Grace. Today in Church we studied a simple passage in 1 Tim 3:16.

Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great:
He appeared in a body,
was vindicated by the Spirit,
was seen by angels,
was preached among the nations,
was believed on in the world,
was taken up in glory.

There are days when you wonder if Jesus is the truth and the way. You evaluate your beliefs but then I read this passage from the Bible and have no doubts. I look back in my life and see there is no doubt. I look at history and know there is no doubt. Outside of Jesus our faith is a mystery. Why do we as christians believe what we believe it is because Jesus came as a baby, lived a sinless life, was rejected and put to death in order to serve as punishment for our sins and then he was vindicated when He rose from the dead.

Each day I am learning that when I depend on Him for my strength, I find peace, grace and exactly what I need to make it the next step. In Nursing school I find so many days I am overwhelmed and don't know how I can make it one more step but then I am reminded of what He does for us and find the strength to make it another step, another day, another test.

Today, I made the decision to rely on Him and He turns around and provides for me in a way I could never have fathomed or wished for. I am so undeserving and He is so deserving and yet each day He provides for my every need! Amen

1 comments:

Megan said...

I wish I could give one of those little "thumbs up" like you see on Facebook:-) Seriously, where would we be without the Lord on our side and His never-ending grace? It's a scary thought. I love that he's right there, doing nursing school with you. SO cool:-)