CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 24

Changes in the works!!!!

I started Nursing school with the intention to work but with the realization that I may not be able to do both. Most of the students in the program are not working. Well, I have had some changes at work which have made it very difficult to maintain work and school. I don't want to drop work all together but I realize something has to give in my life. My social life long ago was given up so all that is left is school and work. This schedule has me running so much that I am exhausted. When I have the time to study, I am so tired, I feel ineffective sometimes.

Well, Monday, was my eye opener. I was leaving work after having been up and out the door since 7am for school and then straight to work. Our floor is very busy at the hospital and keeps you going all night but on this night a few emergencies made it even more crazy. At Midnight when I was driving home, I nearly got in a very serious accident on the freeway because I was drifting. When I went home I resolved that I would need to find a way to meet my financial needs, and school requirements but that I had to find a way to not run myself into the ground.

Now today, I have found out that our summer school schedule is going to be a bit crazy. They are having to cram a 15 week semester into 10 weeks so it is going to mean even more time than the 30hours I am putting in. To make a long story short please pray as I speak to my boss, and my hospital to see what I can do to change things. There aren't any openings in the float pool which I was hoping for as it would allow me to work one to ones. But there are maybe some other long shot ideas I am hoping might pan out.

Miss everyone of you!

0 comments: