CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 4

Can I please just hide in a hole???

This past 5 days or so has been a time that I wished that I could just find a hole to hibernate in and not have to face the world for a season. Part of it is school and part of it is other things to which I am unable to share. Needless to say, I have been thrown for a loop and I am slowly finding my footing again. God is good and in the midst of it He has provided in absolutely amazing ways. Just when I think, God where are you when life stinks, there He is saying "I'm here and I love you just the same!" I wish I could share it all and in time I am sure I will be able to. In the mean time I appreciate the prayers.

On the more positive note, I am registered to run in the NYC half marathon (13.1 miles) on August 16th. A friend from school, Laurie, and I are going to run it together. Our Final is on Aug 14th, so we are using it as a celebration! She has never ran that far and I am helping her with it, so it is very fun for me to do. I love watching people do something they have never done and find confidence in themselves. Then on Nov 1st is the NYC marathon (26.2 miles) which we have also registered for. It is a lottery so we won't know if we were accepted until June 1st. This is a good side distractor to keep me from being overwhelmed with school. I find that I do soooooo much sitting because of class and studying that I need something to release the stress and to get the blood flowing. This will be my second marathon!

I guess, if I have all this training to do, I can't hide in a hole. Darn it!

0 comments: