CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 28

Spoiled in April!

They say April showers brings May flowers! However, I must say I have been spoiled since Friday with weather in the 80's and 90's. It is not often in NJ that you get those kinds of temps with relatively low humidity and I know before long the energy zapping humidity will arrive. In the mean time I enjoyed 5 days of absolutely gorgeous weather. Today was 92 and now I can see a thunderstorm is brewing to bring in the more seasonal temperatures and rain. Have I mentioned I love thunderstorms and they are quite regular around here. It is the kind of thunder that feels like it is right inside your bedroom and the lightning brightens up the sky.

As for my exams they area quickly coming. All I need are 70's and I am on to semester 3. This is an improvement from last semester when at this time I was not passing the program and had to fight to pull my grade up. Though due to the material it is a tough or tougher feat to maintain my grade. I have been blessed to have a few weeks off work, and there is no way I could do it without that. I am like a walking zombie, but I know that when that 3rd semester starts, I will be rejuvinated as I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

There are big things on the horizon that I am very excited about. I graduate Aug 27th, will hopefully take the NCLEX exam for my license the first or second week of September. There is a possibility on the horizon of going to Africa for 2-3 weeks during the interim to work as a nurse while I wait for my license to be able to work. This would be an awesome opportunity and learning experience. It is one of the biggest reasons I went into nursing and it is a good chance to do something before I start into the routine of work.

On a more serious note, I have begun the process of applying for the Army Nurses Corps reserve program. This is a great opportunity to serve my country and to receive some great training in disaster and mass casualty work which is the area of Nursing that I have wanted to do. The Army nurses are trained as leaders, and how to handle disasters in a way that is well respected in the civilian world. Not only will they pay most of my school loans off in only 3 years, I will have the opportunity to get my Masters paid for. I know this is a serious decision, and it is one that I have considered and prayed about for a very long time. The more I look into it the more I am excited about the opportunity. I recognize the possiblity of being deployed and I am fine with that. The process is long and I won't know much till the end of the summer. In the mean time I focus on school and surviving this year.

Please continue to pray for me, for strength, for purity, for focus, and for my exams May 11th and 15th. Miss you all!

0 comments: