CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 17

Hope!!!

Many, O LORD my God,
are the wonders you have done.
The things you planned for us
no one can recount to you;
were I to speak and tell of them,
they would be too many to declare.

Psalm 40:5

I was reading a story about a pastor of a church in a jungle. He was sharing how important rain was to them. "without it, wells will dry up, crops will die and the temperature will continue to rise." He was saying that if it rained for more than 5 minutes there you knew that the rain would continue all day long and if it was less then 5 minutes that was it. One Sunday he was sitting under a tree where they had church (not in a building) and realized that in the 14 months that he had lived there no church service had ever been cancelled for rain. He said he felt as if God was saying "Of course not. You meet under a tree. You can't have church if it's raining. I've got that detail under control."

What an amazing realization. There are so many things we don't ask God for and yet he already has them under control. He knows our needs even before we do. "Before a word is on my tongue, you know it completely, O Lord" Psalm 139:4 He knew us before we were conceived, He knows our thoughts, and our very needs. God is great and mighty but that doesn't stop Him from caring about the minute details of our lives.

The prayer at the end of this devotional was exactly what I needed to hear this weekend!

"Heavenly Father, Sovereign Ruler of the universe, you have everything under control. Thank you that I do not need to feel overwhelmed with what is going on around me. Amen"

As I feel overwhelmed with school, and tests, and all the details of life, He has already cared about the little details. When I think I am at my wits end He does something to show me I can go on! God is mighty which is power, but he is also loving which is gentleness and care. Some people think that God is too big to care about us little people but His Word (the Bible), and His actions speak differently. Thank God for that!

0 comments: