CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 23

32 weeks!

I started a woman's Bible study on Wednesday morning through Bible Study Fellowship. This morning was the second week. It is a 32 week study of the Book of John. Wow, if you haven't read through the book of John lately...I encourage you to read it. I have been so challenged this week by it. There are something like 200 woman who come and a waiting list of people wanting to join when they can get more teachers. Each week we do our Bible study independently throughout the week and then we meet with our discussion groups and talk about the questions we answered that week. Afterwards we all meet up and a woman gives a message on what we covered.

This week was an overview of the book of John and we read all 21 chapters of it. John stated in 20:30-31 these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name. The whole book is a testimony to this point. Chapter 1 points to the fact that Jesus is God and He is the creator. Jesus came that we might know God. Chapters 2-12 are a record of the many signs that Jesus performed in order that people would believe that He is God. He healed the sick, turned water into wine, walked on water. Jesus' signs prove that He is God. Not only that but He claimed to be God...All people must respond to that truth. He can't be just a good man. He is either as Hesays He is, God, or He is a liar or a lunatic. Lastly the final chapters Jesus prepares His followers for His death on the cross. Jesus, died a brutal, torturous death for the forgiveness of our sins, but He conquered death in raising again.

I know this is a lot but, if you read the book of John everything is in there. It is a book that calls us to action and in one week has impacted me in so many ways. I can't imagine what 32 weeks of this book will do for my life. Some might believe this is brainwashing but this is not something someone is telling me, this is in the Bible, something I read for myself and studied for myself. I pray that these things I am learning won't just be heard but that it will change my actions and my purpose in life.

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:9-11

0 comments: