CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 9

Marathon training

The marathon is 73 days away. By now, I had planned to have at least one 18 mile run done but unfortunately, I had a 3 week stretch with little running. Normally I run anywhere from 30min to an hour during the week and then on Saturday I have my long run which progresses in miles every week. I try to run at least 3 runs in the 20 mile distance before the race. You never run over 23 miles in training because at this distance it really only hurts your training rather than help it. However, due to an injury at work and some other problems, my running stalled for 3 weeks. This week, I was finally able to get out on the road and hopefully this Saturday I will do my first long run since the 1/2 marathon.

Marathon training is an amazing experience and I love to get out on the road and just run. There is no pressure, nobody talking to you, just you, the pavement, and God. It is often when I do my best thinking and processing. Though it is not easy to stay motivated and focused week after week.

I also love to take my dog. Many think I am crazy but she loves the runs. She is so happy out on the road and enjoys every second of it. She is three now and has done lots of running with me. She knows when I am throwing on my running shoes and sits by the door just waiting for me to leash her up and head out the door.

0 comments: