CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 4

NYC 1/2 marathon

August 16th I ran the NYC 1/2 marathon which started in Central park. There were over 15,000 runners at the starting line...by far my biggest race I have been apart of. It was amazing to be around so many runners. We had an early start, having to be in the starting corrals by 6:45am. We had some famous runners like Ryan Hall and Deana Kastor.

My goal time was to run it in under 2 hours. However, the humidity and heat was so significant that I wasn't able to make it. But I was just excited to do this race. When I crossed the finish line, I was delirious and not making much sense. A medic ended up giving me salt and lots of fluids. In the end I was fine but many people had the same reaction because of the heat. It was ironic that we have had such a cool summer and very rainy...but this was one of the hottest days of the summer. Even at 6 am heading to the starting line it was warm and muggy.
Me at the starting line. Behind me were the corrals.
After running through central park we came out on 7th ave and ran through time square. What an amazing feeling it was when I came out of central park and to run down this street with all the buildings and we had the road to ourselves. Normally this street is packed with cars.

0 comments: