CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 26

Hurricane Irene

Hurricane Irene is moving ever so slowly up the eastern seaboard. The current track has it being a direct hit to New York city. One meteorologist explained that it is more than 400 miles wide and that the hurricane forced winds extend at least 90 miles from the eye of the storm. This means that the area I live in will likely experience hurricane forced winds.


There is not a single flashlight or D and C batteries on any shelf. Nor is there much water left on the shelves. Mandatory evacuations have occurred along the shore, NYC will shut down mostly tomorrow through Sunday. We are unsure whether this will be a hurricane 1 or 2 but with the amount of rain we have had of late and the route this is taking they are predicting this to be a very destructive storm.

I am hunkered down in my apartment and ready to ride it out in my new apartment. If I don't lose power I will plan to keep my blog updated.

Much love from NJ

0 comments: