CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 20

The long road to recovery....

30 weeks and 2 days ago I had brain surgery. It was a surgery that was uncertain of how well it would fix the numerous issues that I was suffering from. It was a surgery that could lead to more complications in some cases. It was also a surgery that could have to be redone down the road. However, after having suffered for years with increasingly debilitating symptoms and especially over the last few months I decided it was well worth the risk.


Following surgery, I felt an instant relief. Never mind the serious pain from having the back of my head opened or the 2 brain infections I experienced. Somehow knowing those were only temporary made it worthwhile. Over the next few months I gained use of my right side again, had no headaches, and slowly returned to normal life.

As I prepare to go in for my 6 month follow-up MRI (I know it's a bit late), I have been having some headaches. This week the headaches have been pretty intense but it feels like it is more muscle related/tension. In order to access the brain they had to remove the muscles and reattach them. And due to the grafts they had placed, I am not allowed to have any direct massage on the area yet. So now it is back to heat packs (not appealing in this muggy weather), and muscle relaxers.

I believe that God brings us through all things for a purpose. There was a purpose in me becoming sick (sometimes I think it was to slow me down a bit). There was a purpose in me going through surgery and now there is a purpose in this. Even when things aren't a 100% right now all I have to do is think back and remind myself of how bad things were before surgery and I am so grateful for where I am now! In the mean time I will continue with my physical therapy and treatment and trust God through each circumstance.

0 comments: