CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 20

Last day

Today, is my last day as a regular Valley Hospital Employee. At 11:30pm I will walk out the doors and move onto the next step in my career path. More than 3 1/2 years ago, I applied to a hospital in NJ from Oregon and received a call that they would like to hire me. I had no idea of the hospital or its reputation at the time and looking back I was incredibly blessed by how good a place it was.


Now as Valley changes in some drastic ways, it is time for me to move on and make some changes that are good for me. In some ways it is a step backwards in order to take two steps forward. But the opportunity to work in a level 1 trauma Emergency room at St. Joseph's Hospital is to good an opportunity to pass up. This is the dream place for me to work. I have always had a pull toward drama and crisis situations. It is the place where I can kick into gear and do my best work.

Monday morning I will begin orientation for my new job and soon I will move to nights where I will see the high drama of a level 1 trauma ER in the poor part of Paterson unfold.

To be continued....

0 comments: