CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 11

Update ...God is Good!

I apologize for the delay in the update however, we have been without power. I will explain that more in the next blog.

God is good!!!! Blake went into surgery Wed at 9am. They were unable to get through all the scar tissue and simply open him up until 2:30pm. That is a long time to work just to get into the heart. Then when I spoke with Nancy at 9pm PST Blake was still in surgery and they were having a very difficult time stopping the bleeding. I found out today that he was in surgery till 10:30pm and it was only one doctor who opened, performed the surgery and closed. Amazing.

The first update I received this morning was that the bleeding did not continue into the night which was a praise and that Blake was still on the Respirator. He was still unable to breath on his own.

The final update I received this evening was that Blake was able to not only be off the respirator but also sit up in a chair for a few minutes.

What an amazing story. Blake was diagnosed with this heart condition as an infant and was thought to have a life expectancy of 20 or 21. He is now 24. Then just 2 nights ago the doctors gave the family the grim prognosis of a mere 5% chance of survival. Now today he is sitting up in a chair. I work on a cardiac floor and for a major surgery to have them up that quick is absolutely amazing. Blake is an amazing kid that I which each of you could meet. He loves to make people smile and loves Jesus. Nancy was telling me how he was teasing the nurses before surgery. I don't know about you but if I had such a grim prognosis ahead of me, it would be difficult to joke or be light hearted.

Keep praying for Blake and the family and there is still a long recovery ahead. I will keep updating with any info I get.

Blessings and remember, God is good all the time and when there is pain or hurt He is always present.

0 comments: