CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 20

Six Flags Great Adventure

Audrey and I spent yesterday (Saturday) at Six Flags Great adventure. It began with a 3 hour drive (the return ride was only an hour and ten minutes. We didn't think about the fact that we are in a heat wave and everyone was heading to the shore. When we finally arrived we decided to start things off right. We went on the roller coaster ride Superman. This was one where you sit in a seat and they strap you in and they position the seat so you are in the flying position, looking down at the ground the whole time.

I also went on maybe my first Ferris wheel ride. I don't ever remember riding on one before. It was cool because you could see out for miles. The view was great. I won't admit that the height thing got to me :-). Our very last ride was one called Nitro. It begins with a steady climb straight up into the sky and then proceeds to drop you straight down. The rest of the ride goes up, down, around at 80 miles an hour. At first as we were climbing I told Audrey, "What am I getting myself into, I don't think I like you anymore." By about half way down the first drop I was yelling, "I love this"

This weekend has been very hot. Starting Friday we had 96 degrees and humid. Saturday was no cooler but the humidity was much better. Today was 97 by 11am when we were leaving church and was very muggy out. Now we are awaiting the thunderstorms and rain that can break this weather.

0 comments: