CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 20

FREEZING!!!

This weekend the temps dropped over night to around 40 on Saturday night and 32 on Sunday night. When I woke up in my apartment on Sunday morning the temperature was only 50 degrees. I went to church and never warmed up. Then when I returned I simply bundled up and got under my down comforter to keep warm. Our landlord had not turned on the heat yet, because here in NJ they control the heat, and they turn it off for the summer and early fall. This was our second cold spell but we had a warm spell in the middle so he didn't come over yet. Thank goodness my friend came over Friday and took out my air conditioner in my room, because my room stayed a little warmer than the rest of the house.

Well today our heat is finally working and we are at a comfortable 69 or so. I am telling you either in my getting older, or something I seem to not be able to manage the cold as well. I don't remember being this way before. People here make fun of me because I am already using my winter jacket and gloves. However, I think 40 here is colder than 40 back in Portland. In Portland there is humidity in the air, where here it is very dry, so it seems like it just cuts through you. Maybe I am wrong but all I know is I seem to be cold more often than not and we haven't even hit winter yet. I guess I need to go out and find a better winter jacket!

I was reading the farmers almanac for this year and it was saying that our area is expecting colder than normal and above average snow fall. NJ hasn't had a harsh winter in quite a while so I guess maybe I arrived just in time. The only good thing about it is I love snow. So as long as when it is really cold I get to see lots of snow, I will get through.

1 comments:

AZChelsea said...

I totally understand what you mean when you say NJ's 40 degrees feels totally different than Portland's.....I bet Tucson's 40 degrees (yes, it does get that cold in our winter but mainly when the sun isn't out) feels like NJ's....since we have no humidity. Our winter is Jan, Feb & March and most mornings we wake up and it's 30 degrees out! I totally remember you walking around with your gloves and jacket before everyone else in college! Good times.