CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 20

Snow day!

The weekend before my finals in December we received snow. At around 10am the snow started to fall and it went all day. By the time it was finished we had received 8+ inches of snow. My nephew called and asked if I would take him sledding so my roommate and I bundled up and brought Faith along. We walked over to their house and were able to let Faith run. Faith enjoyed being tied to the sled and pulling the kids like a sled dog. The kids thought it was the best thing ever. Unfortunately the few pictures we tried of that did not come out.

My niece went out for a short time but explained to me that she does not like snow because it is too cold. My nephew on the other hand had a blast sledding down the hill by their house.

Audrey and I then walked Faith back home, dropped her off and trekked out to the diner about a mile away. When we sat down to eat, I couldn't believe how much food I was able to pack away. We had been outside walking for more than 4 hours through lots of snow.

This weekend we are expecting snow as well. Oh how I love the snow. Though, I have learned that where I live...snow and sleep don't go well together. My bedroom window butts up to the driveway for the local sweeping company. And when it is snowy or icy out, they are in and out of that driveway all night with there tractor to reload the trucks with salt. Between the flashing lights, the beeping of the trucks (in reverse), and the scraping of the tractor shoveling up salt, there is not much room for sleep.

Faith and Audrey (my roommate) ready to go to the park!

Making snow angels

Faith being a good dog! She was like a crazy woman in the snow.

0 comments: