CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 7

Hospital update

Well Saturday I was released from the hospital after 4 1/2 days. The great thing was they were able to do the spinal tap that I needed to do before they moved forward with surgery. I had the procedure on Thursday and will find out the results this week. The frustrating thing was that they gave up on the idea of doing a patch right away and decided to try to let my body heal from the spinal tap on its own. My body does not have a good track record with this. It is now Wed morning and I have not been able to even raise my head on 2 pillows without the most severe pain I have ever had, dizziness and nausea. They finally decided that at 10:30am I will finally get the patch that should stop the spinal leak and the wonderful headaches that go along with it.


They have had me on heavy pain medications round the clock that have not touched the pain. The only relief I have is to lie completely flat and not move. I dread eating or going to the bathroom even. The couch in the living room has become my humble abode for the past few days. My poor dog is going stir crazy but is being very patient with me. I finally had my first meal without nausea today because of my good friend Loredana. She brought over pasta, chicken and bread and had it all ready for me. This allowed me to stay lying down, thus preventing the nausea and therefore being able to actually enjoy a full meal. I had to do it lying down but that was well worth the sacrifice.

Please pray that my patch stops the leak and finally gives me some relief. I will keep you posted! Thanks to all of you who have been praying for me and sending me well wishes. They mean the world to me and are such a testimony to God's love and support in my life as He uses each of you to speak to me. I am frustrated by the past weeks events but I am not discouraged. My God is big and continues to show Himself faithful through each and every circumstance.

0 comments: