CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 30

Blizzard of 2010!!!!!

Last Sunday around 1pm the snow began to fall, lightly but that was just the beginning. By early evening the snow was coming down at 2-3 inches per hour. Over night the winds began gusting up to 50mph causing blizzard conditions. By the next morning NJ was covered in various amounts of snow. Our town received 30inches. In all my life I have only seen this much snow up in the mountains. Snow was up to my waist. And the usually well maintained roads during snow storms were covered in snow. The snow had come down so hard that the well equipped towns could not keep up. Either snow was coming down too hard or the wind blew what they plowed right back on the roads. NJ called a state of emergency and there was no where to put all the snow.


This was quite an experience. I love snow and I love to watch it come down. It is so beautiful and reminds me of God's love and mercy...how it pours out on us making us beautiful!

Snow came down 2-3inches per hour!

Only a few hours in and my car was coated and snow was up to the bumper!

Faith loves the snow!



By the next morning the snow had stopped and our driveway was not recognizable!


The snow piled up in our doorway!


The snow in our driveway was so deep it came to my mid-thigh. Faith my dog was completely covered once she stepped into the snow!


Our driveway. The snow on the street was up above my ankle. At the beginning of the storm they had attempted to plow the streets, however, this storm was so intense they could not keep up with it and focused on the main roads. Our street did not get plowed for quite a while.


Yes, there are cars under that pile of snow! I would hate to be the one to have to dig those cars out!


This is the road to where my car was located. The snow was nearly to my hips and never got plowed till late Monday!


I decided that instead of parking on the street where I would get plowed in, I would park in a parking lot down the road. Usually they plow this lot as well as the road to it. The problem was that more snow came then expected and because of that they did not plow the side streets like they normally do. So now my car ended up being completely snowed in and unreachable.


Faith playing in the snow with her good buddy Damion!



Faith was coated after playing in the snow. She loves the snow but has to thaw afterwards!




0 comments: