CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 1

Thanksgiving and so Thankful

Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good. His love endures forever!
Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures forever!
Give thanks to the Lord of lords: His love endures forever!
Psalm 136:1-3



As the season of thanksgiving has come and gone, I have come to be so thankful for EVERYTHING in my life! God has blessed me abundantly in the good and the not so good things in my life. Thursday I worked from 5am to 3:30 at the hospital celebrating thanksgiving with my patients in the hospital. It was so encouraging to spread a little thanksgiving cheer to those who are alone that day and not feeling so well. After work I went to my Pastors in-laws house with him and his wife. It was a relaxed and great way to spend the day. Unfortunately because of work I was not able to join Sean and the family out in NY for the holiday.

I had a blessed and filling day however, God is showing me that Thanksgiving is SO MUCH more than a day of eating and eating and more eating. It is a day to be thankful for all that we have been given. After so much suffering the early Americans enjoyed thanksgiving because they knew that God had brought them to where they were and offered them so much even in the suffering and death they experienced early on. Thankfulness is a perspective and I am learning to be thankful even in the difficult times.

This year has not been an easy one as I deal with illness and the chronic pain that comes along with it. I have had to put running on hold, and have had to not be so involved in ministry and friends because of the time I need to rest and deal with the issues. However, despite this I would term this as a year of learning to be thankful:

I have learned the bond of family!
I have learned how strong I really am!
I have learned I have some REALLY good and faithful friends!
I have learned new ways to cope in difficult times!
I have learned the new skill of knitting (hats, scarves, purses, sweaters)...who ever thought a type A personality like me could learn to knit and enjoy it...but even knitting I do with a type A mindset. HA HA!
I have learned that God is my every strength in times that are good and times that are bad.
I have learned that God never leaves us or forsakes us!
I have learned that God is faithful to provide in SO many ways!
I could go on and on and on but I think you get the gist.

I pray that each day of my life I will remember to be thankful in all things. I also pray that each of you can find that same peace that comes from the thankfulness and peace we gain when we are saved by JESUS CHRIST! "Jesus is the way the Life and the Truth!" In learning this in my life I have learned a new peace and thankfulness that I have never known in my life.

Thank you for your friendship and faithfully pouring into my life in whatever way that might be!

But thanks be to God!
He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
I Corinthians 15:57

0 comments: