CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 13

What's next????

People keep asking me what is next and when. I am not sure how best to answer this. I had my appointment with the Neurosurgeon at the end of October. When I left there the final decision was to have the Spinal tap and 100% rule out M.S. Once this was finally settled they would then move forward with Surgery.

Originally my spinal tap was scheduled for Dec 27th. But with my hospitalization I was able to get the spinal tap a few weeks earlier. Since I have come home, we have mailed all the results to the Chiari Insitute and they will go over all of them. Once they have analyzed everything they will let me know regarding Surgery. I am hoping that surgery could be done by January.

I should be scared facing major brain surgery! I am not saying that I am not concerned but the one thing I can say is that I have an incredible peace about all of it. God has been providing in so many ways and making Himself SO abundantly obvious in this whole situation. I have done a lot of research about it and have a pretty clear understanding of what Chiari is, what the surgery entails, and what the risks are that I face. I feel that the pros by far out weigh the cons. I would love to avoid a major surgery but unfortunately over the past year the symptoms have been increasing significantly and making it more and more difficult to lead a normal life. I have spoken to many doctors and really there have been no other real possible options to help control or minimize the symptoms. Even pain meds don't help with the headaches or much of the chronic pain. Right now I feel that Surgery is my best hope of relieving the symptoms that I have and give me the best chance of getting back to a normal life.

I believe that God has been providing financially, some of the best doctors in the world when it comes to Chiari, a wonderful church and group of friends who have been so supportive through this, my brothers and mom who this has made us all closer, and most importantly He has given me peace. I can't explain the peace other than it is the kind of peace that can only come from Jesus. I believe that all things happen for a purpose and for the glory of God. If nothing else were to come out of this but for me to grow closer to Jesus and for my family to grow closer to one another then it would all be worth it. God has done that and so much more. So on days when the pain is so bad I can't function and I think that it will get the best of me, I just have to remember how God is working in even the smallest detail and I find the strength to endure the pain.

1 comments:

Laurie said...

what an ordeal you've been through sara :/ hope you're feeling better soon, and that the holidays are as happy as possible!!