CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 1

Hospitalized

Tuesday I had a headache and pain that was not responding to pain meds I usually take. So Sean took me into the ER. Thankfully it was a slow night and I was seen right away. The doctor I had this time was fabulous. They were concerned by my right sided weakness, spasms and other issues so they admitted me based on vomiting and dehydration. I have been here 24 hours with little sleep but today they seem to have found a better combination of meds to help with the pain as well as help me not be hyper on the pain meds. I still can't sleep but the doctor has ordered something to sleep so hopefully I will sleep the night away.

Today I went in for an EEG of the brain as well as a flexion/extension X-ray of the neck. Tomorrow and poss Friday I have a list of tests including a spinal tap, EMG of the muscles and nerves and other tests. The Neuro surgeon here is really good. He is so friendly, down to earth, and is being very thorough. I will keep you posted to how things go but I am just grateful to be comfortable again.

0 comments: