CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 8

Update

This morning I went in for a Blood patch, where they try to close up the hole they made when they did the spinal tap. The drive was very difficult because I could not lay flat, and the movement was tough. Once they got me in they performed the patch. This is where they take my own blood and place it into the lower spinal area where they did the lumbar spinal tap. The idea is that my blood will form a clot over the hole and stop the leak.


Most the time people will have instant relief from the severe headaches. After 20min of laying flat they had me sit up and unfortunately I could see it had not worked. I went home hoping that staying flat it might still work. By time I got home I was so nauseous and the headache was so bad I went right for the couch and had no desire of moving. As of tonight I can see that it has helped a tiny bit...meaning I don't get nauseas when I sit up but I still get very bad headaches. Some people have asked me what the headaches are like and the best thing I can come up with is that they are like nothing you have ever experienced. You want to cut off your head in hopes to have relief...I know a bit dramatic but I can't tell you how much I truly wished I could.

I spoke with the Chiari Institute and they asked me to call them tomorrow and they will see what they suggest. Apart from a blood patch, bed rest and lots of fluids I don't know there is anything they can do. My concern is that maybe the Chiari has worsened which can happen with a spinal tap. I am not sure but in the meantime the bed and couch are fast becoming my friend.

0 comments: