CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 3

Chiari Update

So I have been out of work now for 5 weeks now. This means that I have used up 5 weeks of my 12 week guaranteed job protection. I still have 7 weeks left and another 12 weeks of unsecured job protection. But I cannot afford to use up the time now before surgery so tomorrow I will try to return to work. I am praying for God's strength as I return to work...I know I will need it. Before my hospitalization I had a difficult time working and now that my symptoms have worsened it is going to be even more difficult.


I now have daily headaches that require pain meds to lessen them. Nothing completely makes them go away. I have vision issues at times, right sided weakness, and I tend to drop things a lot. Now I also have these spasms that cause me to have really strong twitches. It often happens in my legs and arms but sometimes it will happen in my abdomen causing my entire body to seize. They have me on very heavy muscle relaxers which only helps a little.

I am handling the difficulties of these symptoms but I will not lie...I am praying that this surgery will happen soon and that I will have complete relief from them. I choose not to let them get me down and by the grace of God I am able to keep my spirits up but if I am not spending time in the Bible and praying it is easy to lose sight of this goal.

Please pray for:
my return to work that I will be able to manage, and for enough hours to pay the bills
For my decision regarding surgeons
For the surgery to happen quickly
For me to be gracious to those around me as I deal with chronic pain and that I would show much love to them as Jesus has shown me.

I really appreciate the people around me who are constantly encouraging me and supporting me. It is things like this that God uses to show me He is right here with me. I pray that people will see the love of Christ in my life so abundantly. My life has been changed by Christ and I know that I could never have gone through this with out Him.

0 comments: