CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 14

A whirlwind of Activity

So the past few days have been a whirlwind of activity but we are finally settled. As many of you know I am in need of having brain surgery to repair a Chiari Malformation (herniation of a portion of the brain into the spinal canal). My surgery got moved up so I will be having surgery Next Thursday January 20th, 10:30am at North shore University hospital (300 Community Dr, Manhasset NY). The surgery is quite extensive and will be about 9 hours long. Following surgery I will be in Critical care about the first 2 days. I will then stay 3-5 more days on a regular step down unit.


We just found out this week during the approval process, that the hospital is no longer an in-network hospital. This is a significant change and would cost me 40% of the entire hospital bill which was not expected. However, they have decided to approve it for me as an in-network hospital which is a HUGE blessing. This saves me 10's of thousands of dollars.

I am so AMAZED at how God has provided and the way He is using people to provide and meet needs. Between my family, friends, and my church God has provided an amazing group of support for me as I go through a difficult 4 or more month recovery. I look forward to sharing Gods blessings with you along the way!

Please pray for:
Divine guidance of the surgeons hands
For the details as I plan my surgery
For my moms flight coming in on Wednesday
For complete healing with the surgery
For the healing process


0 comments: