CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 30

Big step!

Today was a big day for me. It has been 10 days since the surgery and I have been up and around but only in the house. My friend Meredith came over this morning for a short time and we decided to take a very short walk outside. We took my walker outside and walked on the sidewalk to the corner which is about a quarter to half of a block. The walker helps me with the right side instability and as well it served to help in case there was a patch of ice.

We made it down and back with no problems. It felt so good to both be outside in the crisp, fresh air! When I walk I feel pretty good. My biggest problem is holding my neck up. They removed the muscles of my neck for the surgery and then put them back. So they are very tight and keep spasming. It helps when I support the neck by laying down or sitting in a supportive chair. Each day I am able to be up more but I can tell when I have done too much because there is a pulling and pressure in the neck area.

0 comments: