CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 30

Berry Muffins

My roommate and I decided to try a new recipe over the weekend. I love to juice using my champion juicer. The taste of fresh juice made right then is so delicious. My favorite recipe is Apple, spinach, kiwi juice. It is a tasty, sweet apple flavor. the spinach adds a TON of nutrients without adding flavor.


So the juicer I use unfortunately kicks out a decent amount of pulp which I will often add into things to add fiber. Well we have talked about using it for muffins and this weekend we finally tried it making raspberry muffins.


This is our green pulp which we added all of our ingredients to. It looks gross but believe me it is not.

Here is the Recipe if you get adventurous:
4 cups pulp (they tell you of specific types of fruit but since it really doesn't have flavor we just used what we had.
1 cup olive oil
3 eggs
1 cup honey
3 cups whole grain flour
1tbsp baking soda
1 tsp of nutmeg (optional)
1 tsp of vanilla
1 cup of fresh or frozen berries of choice

Mix the pulp with the wet ingredients
Add the dry ingredients
Stir in the berries
Pour into muffin cups or greased muffin tins.
Bake for 45 min at 350 degrees


The finished product:

Now I know that the green might look unappealing but these were FANTASTIC! They tasted so moist and flavorful. Wish you could have tried a bite with us :-)

0 comments: