CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 28

1/27/11 Snow and Recovery day

Another beautiful day of snow timed perfectly after I was home from the hospital and settled in to enjoy its beauty!


Today was a beautiful snow day. My roommate, mom and I were stuck in for a relaxing day. Audrey and my mom shoveled, cleaned and chatted with me much of the day. I still hadn't slept at this point because I'm so overstimulated by the meds. Hopefully the doctor can give me a suggestion for this. In the mean time I am trying to not let it fool me and get me to do too much and hurt myself. I am not to lift over 5lbs and my gait is still unsteady. I need to be cautious I don't open the incision site up, and I need to maintain the pressure that will allow healing.

God has been so faithful in this whole process from getting my mom here, to holding the snow off till after the surgery, to providing the little things for my families needs while I am in surgery. God even provided a companion in my friend Carmen, for my mom while I was in the hospital. They stayed at the hotel together for the first few days and Carmen would shuttle her and keep her company. My mom still talks today about how great it was and how she felt so relaxed. Carmen let her be her, let her cry, let her just relax which was what my mom needed while her daughter was dealing with brain surgery. I am already hearing all the stories my mom told Carmen!

Below are a few pictures of the snow day we had...hope it bring joy to you like it does me. God's creation is so gorgeous especially when it is pure white as snow... a reminder of the purity we receive when we accept Jesus as our savior. We are no longer stained, torn, rejected. Instead we are pure, mended, and accepted.



Audrey working on shoveling out her car!
Faith playing in the snow round 1
Oops guess the sweater needs to be longer to prevent these snowballs from clumping on her underbelly. Talk about painful!




Faith in the snow Round 2
This time we tried one of my shirts which was long enough but it was too loose and she kept getting tangled. Guess we are back to square 1!

After Audrey found out her car wouldn't start she started to clean off my car so that she could use it for work until hers could be fixed. My mom decided to go out and help her!

0 comments: