CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 28

2nd day home

Well after a near catastrophe with not being able to get the pain meds they prescribed when I came home tuesday night, my brothers were able to come to the rescue Wed morning with much needed relief. It had been a very long and painful night but God faithfully got me through it with just the strength I needed and opening the doors the next day. Wed proved to be a more challenging day. I was having a difficult time getting comfortable. My muscles in my neck are tensing and becoming rigid despite trying to move them and taking muscle relaxers. I am supposed to be moving it in all directions, except back, in order to prevent it from ceasing up and begin the physical therapy portion of my recovery.


On top of the tension I began to get a low pressure headache that takes the cake over my headaches post Spinal tap in December. This headache would be a 15-20 on a scale of 1-10. It was an intense, throbbing pressure that makes you want to drill a whole in your head and help it. After my spinal tap, laying down was the best thing and within a half an hour it would go away if I stayed there.

This one just intensified and because of the incision, laying flat was difficult anyway. During the evening I was vomiting and very uncomfortable. That night I took my meds frequently and tried numerous positions to try and relieve some pressure...to no avail.

Today when I woke up I just kept drinking Gatorade as the doctor had said, in hopes to replace the fluid I lost but still the pain, nausea, vomiting persisted. However, despite the pain, I was super hyper and unable to sleep since 7am Wed morning. The pain meds were giving me an energy that doesn't make sense and was making it difficult for me to sit still or relax. My roommate and mom kept telling me to sit down, relax, stop doing things. First off, I don't know well how to stop doing things but then you add these meds and I am the most driven, motivated person you will ever meet.

I have emailed the doctor for suggestions but in the mean time pray for some sleep and pain relief.


0 comments: