CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 17

A few more days to go...

With just a few more days to go till surgery I have SO much on my plate and yet so little. Yesterday I went to church and then in the evening a few girls and I went out for dinner and hat shopping (I don't have the photos so will post them soon...they are a bit crazy). Today was a day of tests. I had to go in for another CT scan cause the one they did when I was hospitalized was not the right one. I also did an MRI so they would have the most detailed scan for the surgery. And lastly they did an ECHO to make sure my heart is good for the 9 hour surgery. Phew!


Tomorrow all I have planned are just getting things around the house ready and having lunch with my sister n law.

Wednesday is another long day. I have to pick up my info from today's tests and drive out to Long Island for my pre-op appointment at the hospital. Then my mom flies in at 4pm. And somehow I must try to sleep that night.

Thursday my surgery is not till 10:30 am as I am the second case. But you have to be there 2 hours early. during this time they will shave the back of my head, I will meet with the surgeon and the Anesthesiologist, and an hour before a company they use to monitor your nerve and muscle status will come in and put a bunch of electrodes on that will allow them to monitor the status of those nerves and muscles. This allows them to know if there is any problem before they close the surgery up.

It will be a late night as I won't even come out of surgery till around 7:30pm and then I will have some time in the recovery room before going off to the Neuro ICU.

I can't believe how fast it is all happening. I have known for a year that this was coming but until I had a date it was not real to me. Now it is very real and I am nervous. I am at Complete peace and know that this is the right thing to do. I also know that God has directed each and every step of the way and will not bring me this far to leave me hanging. But even in knowing that, I am still human and I am still nervous. I will be glad when I am through Thursday and can begin the long and hard recovery process.

0 comments: